Safety Certificates

As a landlord it is paramount your property confides to the various forms of safety certificates. At Property Refresh we have teams who can supply you with electrical, gas certificates and HMO licensing.


  • Residential and commercial; NICEIC inspections
  • Annual emergency lighting certificates
  • Portable appliance testing (PAT)


  • Corgi gas safety certificates

HMO Licensing
Houses in multiple occupation (HMO\'s) are premises in which tenants share parts of the accommodation (kitchens, bathrooms, toilets or simply the hallway or stairs) with people who are not part of the same household.

As part of the housing Act 2004 legislation mandatory licensing has been introduced for all houses in multiple occupation that are:

  • Of three storeys or more (even if the lower storeys are used for industrial/commercial use i.e. a shop)
  • With five or more tenants (including children)
  • Belonging to two or more households

It is widely accepted that HMOs often contain the worst housing conditions and the greatest risk of fire. Three storey or more HMOs pose the greatest risk to the health and safety of the occupiers and therefore the landlord or managing agent of these properties are legally required to hold a license.

If the owner or person acting on his/her behalf does not apply for a license they may face large fines of up to £20,000 and a criminal record. In addition, rents paid on an unlicensed HMO may be recoverable via a decision of the Residential Property Tribunal.

Property Refresh can assist you with the process to ensure your property is licensed correctly.








Copyright © 2007, 2008 ME NOW UK GROUP. All rights reserved.
Unit 5, Butts Road Industrial Estate, Woking, Surrey, GU2 16JU, UK • Tel: 01483 871 872 • Mob: 07961 387960 • Freephone: 0800 09 39 702

Site Design by

Yeah Yeah Design